is one of the leading solar companies in the United States. It operates in 21 states across the country. It was founded in 2011 as an offshoot of Vivint; a smart home service company based in Lehi, Utah, popular for its top-notch home security system. It is a public company that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under VSLR symbol. The company offers two options: customer ownership and solar lease or power purchase agreement. For the record, Vivint Solar is one of the first rooftop solar companies to offer a power purchase agreement; enabling the clients to pay only for the system produced during the tenure of the contract. Vivint Solar is a renewable energy and it sells, installs, and maintains PV solar systems.
What does Vivint Solar do?
Vivint Solar provides clean energy in a simple and affordable way. A lot of homeowners want to go solar but don’t have enough money to do so. Vivint takes the hassle and headache away from going solar. What the company does is it supplies solar panels and handles the installation and maintenance at a reasonable price; not to mention, little to no upfront fee. Going solar is one of the best things you can do for yourself and for mother earth. The electricity generated by fossil fuels is responsible for 80% of carbon dioxide emission. Not to mention, the cost of electricity is skyrocketing. Solar is a more affordable, cleaner, and safer alternative to conventional electricity.
Why choose Vivint Solar?
- Vivint Solar is the answer to your dreams of going solar.
- It offsets expensive electricity prices because its solar panels are more energy efficient than the traditional utilities. Clients can save a huge amount of money by paying for energy that is more affordable than others.
- It provides a better customer experience. Vivint Solar does 86-point quality inspection on its solar panels. The installation is done by Vivint and not outsource from somewhere else.
- It gives clients the options to finance the system with a loan, buy or lease system, or buy energy based on a long term contract or also known as PPA. With various payment options to choose from, clients can choose a financing solution that fits their needs and budget.
- Loan/cash sale – Clients may own the solar panels after paying for the installation outright or securing financing.
- PPA – Clients pay a fee per kilowatt-hour based on the amount of electricity produced by the solar energy system.
- It provides more than just solar panels. It partners with Mercedes-Benz Energy to provide home storage batteries, energy consumption tracker via Vivint Smart Home integration, and ChargePoint, which enables you to charge electric vehicle right in the comfort of home.
Vivint offers a flexible moving option. The company makes sure that it would be easy for their clients to take their solar panels with them in case they decide to move. There are four options to choose from should they decide to move while under contract.
- Transfer the agreement to the new homeowner
- Relocate the solar panels with them at no additional cost
- Paying the remainder of the contract
- Buy the system outright
Vivint Solar is widely available across the United States. It provides solar installation services to 21 states.